by Raymond Alexander Kukkee
With the hectic holiday season and Christmas fast approaching, here at Incoming Bytes I think we are wonderfully blessed. Some things are especially nice to see. It’s great to know that:
- We awoke to see another day! The bones weren’t objecting too badly
- The mind is working just fine. The muse is chattering away, and no wonder, because
- it’s snowing gently and beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
- Everyone I know, care about and love is healthy and still kicking
- The pups are happy. Tilly the Tall and Ebony the Short found bunny-tracks out on the walking trail, but not the bunny.
- The walking trails are still passable with only a couple of inches of snow
- Snow falling on the snowman out in the yard will ensure he won’t melt
- The end of the world isn’t happening quite yet, it’s still a good idea to plan for next year.
- Somewhere in the dust of time, there’s a seat for that fancy Mayan unicycle wheel everyone thinks is a calendar
- The universe is unfolding precisely as it is supposed to do
- People at the malls respond– if we are brave enough to smile first
- Pretty, gracious ladies, young and old, do appreciate doors opened for them
- Children are laughing and happy
- Beautiful poetry warms the soul at Poetic Parfait with Christy Birmingham
- Seed and flower catalogs are already here to dream about while watching those snowflakes gently floating down
- Old St. Nick didn’t get stuck in the chimney last year
- There are reindeer tracks all over the back field
- The Muse hasn’t become overwhelmed with Christmas ‘music’
- Morgidoo’s Christmas Carol, my Christmas classic eBook, still warms the heart
- We remain capable of expressing love of our family and friends wherever they may be
- Mother Nature has been kind to us, we are surviving, blessed with food and what we need, even if we don’t always get what we desire
- Our faith in the basic good within humanity persists, –surprisingly– in spite of horrific global events and human tragedies.
- Our belief in God allows us peace within. Above all, it’s great to know that……
- There’s more to Christmas than getting gifts. Let us celebrate the true meaning.
- I can hear bells ringing....
Merry Christmas, everyone. *Wherever you are, whatever you are doing. Stay safe, and please do not drink and drive.
Is that Incoming I hear?